If you would like to receive all my books for FREE and can spare a bit of time to write an honest review, then I would love to have you join my Advanced Readers Club. Reviews are the most convenient way of supplying feedback to authors so that they can improve their writing. In addition, they also help other readers to make choices on which books are likely to interest them.
Before signing up, please read the following T&C’s. If you agree, then fill in the sign up sheet and I’ll contact you shortly.
Advanced Readers Club (ARC) Terms and Conditions
- FREE copies of my books will be made available in exchange for an HONEST review.
- To participate, you must already be in my newsletter mailing list. Sign up here if you have not already.
- All persons signing up to my newsletter mailing list were provided with a link to download a free copy of my book Secret, this must be the first book you review so that I know your reviewer’s usernames.
- You will then be given a free copy of every subsequent Nicola Sinclair novel in the series – in the order of publication – in exchange for an HONEST review.
- Once all published books have been reviewed, you will be given advanced copies of future publications before they go on sale, so that you have time to read them prior to their release date.
- In the future, item 5 will most likely be amended so that you would only have to review all books in the current series I am writing, or if the series is new, then my previous 3-5 published books.
- If you have already read one of my novels and wish to skip that particular book in the review line up, you simply need to send me a link to a review you have already written. Reviews written prior to joining the ARC do not have to meet the same criteria of the ARC T&C, however I will check them to make sure they meet clause 12 in these T&C’s.
- Your review must appear on at least one of the major e-book retailer sites (e.g. Amazon, ibooks, Kobo or Nook) and also on Goodreads. You can copy-paste the same review to multiple locations, so you only have to write it once. After you have posted your review, you are asked to send a link to info AT nicola-sinclair.com so that I can verify you have supplied the review. Please also tell me your reviewer’s username and the star rating you have given (this is just so I can filter down to your review if there are a number of other reviews to sift through – as you will see below in my definition of an HONEST review, the rating you give me is YOUR choice)
- As a courtesy, I ask that all reviews be completed within 10 days of either receiving the book, or of the book going live for sale (if you’ve received a copy ahead of the release date). However, there is NO time limit on when to post your reviews.
- You will not be given access to the next book until the previous book has been reviewed. This is to ensure that I am not giving the books away without getting a review in exchange.
- An HONEST review means: I want your genuine opinion of my book. If you loved it, say that and write what you loved most about it. If it was just okay, then say that too. If the book just didn’t work for you at all, then by all means put that down, but make sure you also write exactly what it was you didn’t like. Be specific.
- At no point will I tolerate “author bashing” of myself or other authors, nor will I tolerate any comments that are derogatory, offensive or hateful. Please keep your comments solely focused on the book itself. Do not turn your review into a personal attack.
- Obviously, I would love mostly positive feedback and high ratings, but I’m also a realist and realise that not everyone is going to like every book. And that’s okay. If, however, you’ve given me low ratings (1 or 2 stars) on 2 consecutive occasions, or more than 3 in total, then I will have to conclude that you are not my target audience and I will remove you from the Advanced Readers Club. Likewise, consistently giving me 3-stars without properly justifying your opinion will also lead me to conclude you are not in my target audience.
- Review Format: How you write your review is up to you. You don’t have to give a plot summary if you don’t want to and you don’t have to break down the characters. However, you are expected to give at least 2-3 paragraphs (2-3 sentences in each, minimum) with constructive feedback/thoughts about the book you have read. Simply saying “I loved it” or “I hated it” is not enough, you must explain why.
- Review Disclaimer:When you write the review you might want to add a sentence that says: “I received a free copy of the book in exchange for an honest review, my opinions are my own.” This is to ensure the entire review process is kept honest and other readers can make their own mind up on whether your review is valuable to them or not.
- Entry, membership and removal of a person from the Advanced Readers Club will be at my sole discretion.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.